WORLD – DAY 9
By lovingkindness and truth iniquity is atoned for, and by the fear of the Lord one keeps away from evil. Proverbs 16:6
Truth in the world seems to be an inconvenience and an annoyance. We experience so much falseness and lying that we have become accustomed to it. Advertisers consider falseness “harmless exaggeration”. Courts “reinterpret” truth to fit a narrative. Politicians campaign and lead falsely “for my constituents”. Media “journalists” read prepared scripts to appease their corporate interests.
Truth yields peace and confidence; falseness yields chaos and fear. Our world is sick with lies and falseness. Today we will pray to God for truth in the world.
Pray the listed items and as you are led by the Holy Spirit:
- Pray for God to break the bondage of lying and lying spirits all across the world.
- Pray against the curse of bearing false witness and that people’s hardened hearts be set free by Jesus.
- Pray that God will flush out false and lying media, advertising, and journalism, and replace with those who will be truthful.
- Pray that the very foundations of falseness and lies that have been built over generations crumble and new foundations of truth be built.
Pray for us and yourself:
- Pray that Christians and the Church be truthful and not condone falseness and bearing false witness.
- Acknowledge to God any weaknesses in this area and confess any sin that may be in your way.
Lovingkindness and truth have met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other. Truth springs from the earth, and righteousness looks down from heaven. Indeed, the Lord will give what is good, and our land will yield its produce. Psalm 85:10-12