WORLD – DAY 1
In America, violence against Christians is increasing, but sadly is it worse around the world.
Jesus made it clear we would have trouble in this world. Where other religions, while violent and oppressive, get a pass, Christianity is mocked and ridiculed. Our brothers and sisters around the world are social outcasts, discriminated against and murdered. This hasn’t changed since the murder of Jesus. Matthew 10:16-39 is real life for Christians in Africa, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, North Korea and other parts of our world.
Our Christian identity is primary over our nationality, and with this heart we’ll pray for our family around the world.
Pray the listed items and as you are led by the Holy Spirit:
- Pray for God’s protection and safety, physically and spiritually, for Christians in hostile counties around the world.
- For those Christians who are persecuted and ostracized by their families and have left everything behind, pray for continual revelation from the Holy Spirit of God’s love. [Psalm 68:5-6]
- Pray for courage and strength and a special anointing of grace and perseverance for persecuted Christians.
- Pray for millions of salvation stories because of these brothers sisters in all the nations of persecution.
Pray for us and yourself:
- Pray for us to remember our brothers and sisters and pray for them continuously.
- Acknowledge to God any weaknesses in this area and confess any sin that may be in your way.
Peter began to say to Him, “Behold, we have left everything and followed You.” Jesus said, “Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel’s sake, but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions; and in the age to come, eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last, first.” Mark 10:28-31