STATE – DAY 3
Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm.” John 18:36
For the Christian, our world is not this current world. We can spend large amounts of time, energy, resources, trust, and hope on political parties and leaders. When they fail, lie to us, or prove to be corrupt we may become angry and embittered. Jesus exhorted us to put our trust, energy, and resources in our eternal kingdom. As we engage politically, we must remember we are first Ambassadors of Christ in His kingdom. Division is caused within our heart, and with others, when our priorities get mixed up.
Today we will pray over the state and county political systems from the mindset of a kingdom perspective.
Pray the listed items:
- Pray the Lord’s Prayer: Matthew 6:9-13
- Pray for the Church to be effective Ambassadors of Christ that bring goodness into our political system. Matthew 5:14
- Pray for our political leaders for humility, wisdom, honesty, and goodness.
- Pray for corruption in state politics to be brought into the light.
- Pray for God’s will to be done in our state political systems.
Pray for yourself:
- Ask yourself which kingdom you spend more time and mental/emotional energy in.
- Acknowledge to God any weaknesses in this area and confess any sin that may be in your way.
They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. John 17:16 Full passage: John 17:13-26