STATE – DAY 2
The Bible has much to say about justice, fairness, and the way we are to conduct ourselves as the injured party or the violator. To be sure, there are injustices done on behalf of both victims and violators. Often it seems sentences don’t match the crime. It is an imperfect system with imperfect people, where the only perfect judge and jury is God. This is, in part, why the Bible warns Christians about taking one another to court, a secular system. [1 Corinthians 6:1-6]
Since God is the perfect Judge, our prayer time today will focus on petitioning God for just weights and measures in the justice systems of our state. We will entreat our Father God to intervene and deliver fairness where man cannot or will not, realizing that we live in a fallen world – and that final justice was taken care of at the Cross. We will also pray that as Christians and churches we be more intentional about dealing with our injustices amongst ourselves.
Pray the listed items, and pray as you are led by the Holy Spirit.
- Petition God to intervene, in His way, over the all the courts in the state for just weights and measures.
- Petition God to intervene, in His way, for victims of crimes that have not seen justice, and for His compassion in their life.
- Petition God for mercy, in His way, for violators whose sentences appear too harsh, and for all violators to find Jesus.
- Petition God to bring into the light where there is corruption in the justice system.
Pray for yourself and the Church:
- Pray for Christians to learn and grow into working out our differences amongst ourselves.
- Pray that our churches practice and become known for wise council and arbitrators of reconciliation.
- Acknowledge to God any weaknesses in this area and confess any sin that may be in your way in the area of justice.
Differing weights are an abomination to the Lord, and a false scale is not good. Proverbs 20:23