STATE – DAY 1
Today we begin the journey of praying over our state, whatever state you reside in. We begin with state government. We can include county governments as well.
The government has responsibility to steward the revenue they receive for a very large number of programs. Some taxpayers believe we need more government, others believe we need less. Regardless, for our state to function well the government and the citizens must be responsible with resources. Where there is waste, fraud, and abuse of power in government it must stop. Where we the citizens are wasteful and demand more of government we should remember that government revenue comes from your neighbor. Loving your neighbor as yourself is not to burden him with more taxes.
Pray the listed items and others where the Holy Spirit leads you:
- That all elected officials in Colorado have the heart of a servant.
- For all governments to be frugal with the revenue they take it in, and to be faithful stewards.
- For wisdom and creativity in finding solutions to difficult issues.
- That corruption, fraud and waste be eliminated.
Pray for yourself:
- To be conscious of wasting or abusing our state’s resources.
- To not require taxes from our neighbors for things we should be responsible for ourselves.
- Acknowledge to God any weaknesses in this area and confess any sin that may be in your way.
In this case, moreover, it is required of stewards that one be found trustworthy. 1 Corinthians 4:2