NATION – DAY 9
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
God wants us to live in victory over the cares of this world. He is for us, not against us. [Romans 8:31-32] Our body’s wellness—physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually is of great interest to God. He made us in His image! [Genesis 1:27] And those who are in Christ are the body of Christ!
As we’ve been seeing throughout the 40 Days of Prayer, our nation is hurting in all aspects of individual health and wholeness. Obesity, mental illness, emotional immaturity, and demonic oppression are becoming acceptable societal norms, and sometimes even glorified. Instead of digging for the root causes of our afflictions, we’ve become a nation that resorts to relieving symptoms by self-medicating with things that harm our bodies and souls.
The Church in America has great challenge and a great opportunity to lead by becoming a body that is healthy in all aspects.
Pray the listed items and as the Holy Spirit leads:
- Pray against the spirits of apathy and despair over our nation that keep people in cycles of bondage physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Pray for discernment and wisdom to understand the root causes of ill health and forgo treating symptoms.
- Pray for courage, will, and determination for Americans to work at becoming healthy and whole in every area.
- Pray for the fruit of the Spirit of patience for Americans to persevere into health rather than using quick fixes that are temporary.
Pray for us and yourself:
- Pray for Christians to lead the way into health and wholeness that we would have a testimony of victory to offer.
- Pray against enemy lies that tell us “We can’t” and deceptions that lead us to think “This is just the way it is”.
- Acknowledge to God any weaknesses in this area and confess any sin that may be in your way.
Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord; seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. 2 Peter 1:2-3