NATION – DAY 7
The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7
Our national debt is currently over $20 trillion, a number no one can fathom. Our debt is over 104% of our nations GDP (Gross National Product). Our nation’s unfunded liabilities (future promises) is over $112 trillion ($924,000 per taxpayer) [U.S. National Debt Clock]. These number are likely a fraction of what our government spends that is “off the books”.
It benefits the bankers to keep the government (via us) in perpetual debt and servitude. This becomes easy when money is created by punching 0s and 1s into computers and lending it with interest. It is an evil we have allowed to persist for decades. It is a difficult pill to swallow, but we need to face this situation with humility, repentance, and courage, knowing that God is our provider.
Pray the listed items:
- Pray for a continued unveiling of corruption of our nation’s finances.
- Pray for a deep cleansing and rooting out of those perpetuating our nation’s financial destruction.
- Pray for honest weights and measures in our government and financial markets. [Deuteronomy 25:15]
- Pray for our nation’s people to move boldly into unity and neighborly love, helping and serving each other, and resisting the temptation to require the government to provide our needs or subsidize our lifestyles.
Pray for us and yourself:
- Pray against apathy and fear on our part that perpetuates our nation’s broken finances.
- Pray that Christians stop blaming and be Godly leaders with wisdom that others can follow through these financial storms.
- Acknowledge to God any personal weaknesses in this area and confess any sin that may be in your way.
All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need. Acts 4:32-35