LOCAL – DAY 7
It is tempting to be frustrated about the ugliness around us, as there is a great deal around us that is ugly. However, if we want to change our neighborhoods and communities for good, we must be the change that changes hearts. Jesus demonstrated, in the midst of every kind of evil and temptation, perfect love. He showed us that by abiding in him we would bear good fruit that would make an eternal difference in and for humanity.
We’re beginning a three-day prayer journey in Galatians 5:22-23, the fruit of the Spirit. Read the verses and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you into deeper understanding of these fruits. The words, as used in our culture today, often resemble little to their profound meanings because they are usually expressed as internal feelings. Fruit of the Spirit is substance, a way of being, that develops from the inside and is displayed externally.
Today we’ll focus on love, joy and peace.
- Consider Love [selfless, unconditional, unrelenting, humble] as modeled by Jesus and declare love over your community.
- Consider Joy [well-being, content, secure] as modeled by Jesus and declare joy over your community.
- Consider Peace [unshaken, lack of fear, clear-minded] as modeled by Jesus and declare peace over your community.
Pray for yourself:
- Using the same model, pray that the fruit of the Spirit of love, joy and peace become more evident in your life, and offer your willingness to abide more consistently in Christ.
- Acknowledge to God any weaknesses in this area or misunderstandings about these words. Confess any sin that may be in your way of abiding more fully in Christ.
Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. John 15:4