LOCAL – DAY 4
We desire to impact our local areas in ways that honor Jesus and make a real difference. One of our challenges is allowing relativism, culture, and politics to take precedence over our true calling. If we are not discerning, wise and vigilant, our decisions can be based on what feels right or seems right [Proverbs 16:25], but is not sound doctrine. We sometimes choose the easier path of being liked or trying too hard be like the culture.
Today and tomorrow we will focus our prayers on our own house. Prayer that is powerful and effective is connected to keeping our own house clean and in order. [James 5:16]
Pray these items and others where the Holy Spirit leads you. Be alert to discern what is your own agenda and not go into a place of judgement.
- That we honor Jesus by avoiding agendas that do not conform to the Bible. [Romans 12:2]
- That we be Salt and Light in the midst of distastefulness and darkness in our communities. [Matthew 5:13]
- That we believe that Christ is the head of our churches and that we simply submit, boldly and confidently, as he increases our numbers. [Acts 16:4-5]
Pray for yourself:
- Confess to God the areas in your life that are not honoring to him and your church. [Psalm 51:17]
- Confess unforgiveness in your heart to the church or someone, and any bitterness that is hindering you. [Matthew 6:14-15]
- Repent, which is to agree with God, change your mind, do things his way. [Acts 3:19]
- Receive God’s forgiveness. [1 John 1:9]
He [Christ] is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. Colossians 1:18